Hoping for an unforgettable vacation? You might be in shock if you are looking into popular spots like London, Paris, Rome, New York, Toronto, Disney World, San Diego, etc. Even a lot of beach vacations are costly these days. Your best bet for cheap vacation getaways is to either wait until off-season or going for a less costly alternative to a popular destination. Palm Springs, for instance, is considered to be inexpensive when compared to say… San Francisco. Warsaw is a cheaper European alternative to London.
If you really do want to go to the most popular places in the world, here are a few tips to help you save:
• Timing is everything when it comes to cheap travel. If there is no leg room with your vacation dates and you MUST travel on those specific days, make a list of the top places you want to visit and find out if it will be off-season for any of them. If you do have flexibility with the dates, be patient and wait until the prices start to go down to the place you want to go to the most.
• The early birds don’t necessarily get the worm in the travel and tourism industry. Sometimes the best thing to do is wait on a last minute or same day deal. You can save HUGE if you wait for the hotels to slash their prices in a last minute attempt to get all of their rooms booked. It’s often the same with airlines as well, so if you’re feeling a bit risky, hold out until literally the last day or two to see if any plane tickets are available at a very low price.
• Sign up for newsletters and bookmark your favorite travel booking sites. Keep checking in to view the cheap vacation getaways category. With a bit of patience, you will eventually see a package for one of the places you’d really love to visit.
• Don’t select a package with a lot of extras if you don’t need them. There are different types of vacation getaways, some of which are all-inclusive and come with a wide variety of features – many of which you likely won’t need, or could do without. At the very least, you will need airfare (or bus fare) and a place to stay for a certain number of nights. Just use the search function at your favorite travel site to bundle airfare and accommodation and see if you can get any discounts by booking them both at the same time.
• Look into Loyalty Programs. You might be eligible for something even if you’re not aware of it. The line between hotel and airline loyalty programs is getting thinner, due to partnerships between the two industries. If you are a platinum or gold member of a hotel chain, for instance, you might actually be able to spend your loyalty points on airfare if that hotel company is partners with an airline company.
No matter where you want o go, keep these tips in mind and be as patient and flexible as possible in your search for cheap vacation getaways.
Online coupons are among the best in the travel industry. Take advantage of everything the site has to offer – from intuitive search and comparison tools to free travel guides to help you find cheap vacation getaways all around the world.