This has been hailed with excitement today as scientists announce that trials conducted to overcome peanut anaphylactic shock has been successful. Although it won’t be available for some time for the general public they demonstrated that at their subjects are now free of the condition after the experiments ended. Children have reportedly died after coming into oral contact with the nut that has set up an immediate reaction.
The danger they face is horrendous as they cannot eat anything from school canteens, in public restaurants, or anywhere else that may serve something that has nut residue in it. Even drinks are apparently not always advisable without they are known to be nut free.
This has prompted manufacturers to label their products with a warning that they may have been in contact with peanuts or words to that effect. This puts a lot of stress on the shopper who must read every label to ensure the safety for such an allergy sufferer.
While my health has always been great and I can supposedly eat anything without a reaction in recent times strange things have happened. One of the things that brings up a reaction now is Omega 3 oil which comes from fish. My throat tends to swell and this is dangerous as it can stop air getting into the lungs.
Another incident happened at a restaurant where I had a meal with chips. As they were ingested my body suddenly turned pale and a draining feeling came over me. My son took me outside to recover in the fresh air. Feeling better I resumed the meal and when another chip was eaten I sunk to the floor almost in a faint. Whatever those chips were cooked in they set up an allergic reaction.
This demonstrates how careful someone with an allergy to nuts or anything else has to be when choosing to dine out. The stress for the one involved is horrendous and that makes the scientific new today all the more exciting for them.